What Causes Abdominal Gas?
Air or gas forming inside the intestines and passing through the rectum or coming out from the mouth is a very normal and common process. It happens because intestinal bacteria create gas while breaking down the nutrients in the body. Unfortunately, too much abdominal gas could lead to bloating and abdominal pain.
The Possible Causes
Colic is very common in babies and is usually characterized by a baby’s constant crying, which sometimes lasts for hours. Abdominal gas could actually be one cause of colic. Although no cure currently exists for it, burping, comforting, and rocking might help. Fortunately, colic doesn’t present any dangers to a baby and usually disappears on its own after a couple of months.
2. Colon Cancer
Abdominal gas could be a symptom of advanced colon cancer. Other symptoms might include weight loss, intestinal obstruction, abdominal pain, and the presence of blood while passing stool. As such, any persistent bowel movement changes should be brought to a doctor’s attention as soon as possible.
3. Esophageal Cancer
A lot of people tend to ignore the earlier symptoms of esophageal cancer, like a feeling of pressure under the ribs and trouble swallowing. These symptoms usually get followed up by weight loss, thirst, dehydration, coughing, and increased gas.
The majority of people who suffer from gallstones usually don’t experience any symptoms. If they do, these symptoms tend to include belching, flatulence, mild jaundice, indigestion, intense pain and rapid heartbeats.
5. Hiatus Hernia
In a nutshell, a hiatus hernia refers to a condition wherein the stomach slightly protrudes through the chest muscles. A lot of the time, there are no symptoms involved in this condition. If there are, then they might range from a mild type of heartburn to a more deep-seated pain in the chest associated with flatulence and belching. The symptoms usually happen right after eating, or when bending over or lying down after a meal.
6. High-Fiber Diets
Too much fiber in the body can cause abdominal gas, as well. The same goes for the consumption of too many fiber supplements and laxatives for weight loss.
Although indigestion isn’t an ailment in itself, but rather a slew of different symptoms caused by gastrointestinal problems, one symptom of it is gas. This gas can usually only be relieved by flatulence or belching.
8. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This condition is normally characterized by bloating, excessive production of gas and painful colon spasms. It usually comes with diarrhea and constipation, as well, and tends to get worse during stressful moments in life.
9. Malabsorption Syndromes
Various digestive diseases can impair a person’s ability to absorb or process certain nutrients. When people lack the required enzymes to digest milk, they might not be able to absorb certain nutrients and fats. Symptoms of this might include excessive abdominal gas, recurrent abdominal pain, bloating, and flatulence.
10. Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer is normally called a silent cancer because its symptoms do not usually appear until the cancer has already reached its advanced stages. Plus, any symptoms that do pop up usually aren’t specific, either. They include indigestion, gas, weight loss, back pain, constipation, and weakness.
The Tips You Need to Follow
- Dietary changes usually control abdominal gas. Because of this, it would be highly advisable to steer clear of foods that might cause it, such as cabbage, beans, bran, and onions.
- Stress usually brings about intestinal symptoms, as well. So, to reduce your levels of stress, try exercising or meditating once in a while.
- If your abdominal gas is persistent, though, or if it comes with other symptoms, like vomiting, weight loss, pain, or diarrhea, get in touch with your doctor right away.
- does garcinia cambogia cause gas
- Abdominal Gas Symptoms in Women
- garcinia cambogia stomach pain
- does garcinia cambogia cause bloating
- does garcinia cambogia cause gas & bloating
- can garcinia cambogia cause gas
- garcinia cambogia cause burping and passing gases
- is bloating or gas normal with garcinia cambogia
- Meth that causes abdominal pain and gas