The Big List of Fat Burning Foods
Whilst there is no denying the importance of a balanced diet and regular exercise when it comes to weight loss, there are a few certain fat burning foods, which promote healthy weight loss.
There are a number of ways in which fat burning foods work effectively. Additionally it is important to create a diet that is full of variety. Diets are much harder to commit to for a long period of time if they require eating similar foods every day. The following is a list of the top fat burning foods categorized based on the way in which they work.
High protein foods such as meats and legumes require more energy for the body to digest and therefore consume more calories. Additionally protein helps to build muscle and help to speed up metabolism. This makes high protein foods some of the most efficient fat burning foods and includes the following:
Increasing the bodys temperature helps to speed up the metabolism as well as burn calories at a faster rate. Therefore foods that raise the body temperature can have a positive effect on weight loss and are considered fat burning foods and include:
- Cayenne Chiles
Chemical make up
Some food items contain natural chemicals, which promote weight loss such as the vitamin C contained in citrus and the capsaicin found in chilies. Some more of these types of fat burning foods include:
- Green tea
Reduce Calorie Intake
Certain foods such as those high in fiber help to reduce the number of calories that are absorbed by the body. Fibrous foods also make people feel fuller for longer so they tend to eat less. Some of these such foods include:
- Whole grain bread
- Brown rice
The top 10 fat burning foods
Based on all of these food properties as well as how easy they are to add to the diet and how enjoyable they are to consume the top 10 fat burning foods list has been produced:
- Green Tea based on its anti-oxidant properties as well as its thirst quenching ability.
- Whole grain bread thanks to its high fiber content as well as various other health benefits.
- Salmon which contains plenty of the good fats, is easy to prepare and delicious to eat.
- Garlic and onions as they contain an abundance of healthy oils and minerals and can speed up the metabolism.
- Broccoli thanks to its zero fat and low calorie status as well as high fiber content.
- Berries because they are high in nutrients and antioxidants and can be prepared and eaten in a number of ways.
- Lean chicken based on its versatility, taste and because it is high in protein.
- Yoghurt as it is an easy snack and high in protein and calcium.
- Brown Rice, which contains an abundance of healthy properties including fiber.
- Oranges because they are not only extremely rich in vitamin C but also have a high fiber content. Fresh oranges are preferable to juice.