Fish oil benefits
Fish oil benefits are in abundance and can improve health in a variety of ways from the brain to the heart and even pregnancy.
Fish oil and fish oil supplements offer a great range of important health benefits. Fish oil contains Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which is where the fish oil benefits come from. There are two kinds of fatty acids in fish oil, one of which is known as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and the other is called eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The advantage of fish oil over certain plant sources of Omega 3 such as flax seed is based around the form that the oil comes in. The Omega-3 found in flax seed has to be converted by the body into DHA and EPA so that it can be absorbed. During this process much of the health benefits of the Omega 3 are lost. Fish oil benefits are greater because it is already in a natural form that the body is able to absorb. Some of the main fish oil benefits include:
- Triglyceride levels are lowered, which reduced the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reduces the risk of developing blood clots through preventing platelets from abnormally sticking together.
- Lowers high blood pressure caused as a result of high cholesterol.
- Reduces inflammation caused by rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and gout as DHA and EPA helps to control inflammation, causing substances.
- Fish oil benefits include the protection of the nervous system, which reduces the likelihood of developing Alzheimers disease.
- An increased level of DHA in the body is thought to reduce the symptoms of depression. This is because low levels of DHA are linked to the onset of depression.
- Oil fish benefits have also been linked to the immune system and can help to maintain and improve function. Studies have revealed a decreased risk of breast cancer and prostate cancer in those who regularly consume fish oil.
These are just a few of the primary fish oil benefits but there are many more ways in which fish oil improves and maintains good health. It is also thought to slow down macular degeneration related to aging, therefore helping to keep skin looking healthy and young. The risk of developing osteoporosis decreases and it also proved benefits to people suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
There are some things that you should be aware of when taking the supplement as well as the fish oil benefits. There are products available that are of low quality and some can contain heavy metals. Be sure of the source of the fish oil and make sure it comes from clean and natural waters.