Do You Know Ovarian Cyst Symptoms?
If you’re a women, knowing ovarian cyst symptoms is important. Do you know the eight warning signs?
If you’re a women and in your childbearing years, chances are you have experienced ovarian cyst symptoms. Most of the time there is nothing to worry about but perhaps some discomfort. However, clinical information suggests that 5 percent of ovarian cysts found in women are malignant. This is where is becomes important to know ovarian cyst symptoms so that you can get medical attention as soon as possible and a proper diagnosis.
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms
Listed below are the most general ovarian cyst symptoms that have been reported by women. Remember, don’t over react if you experience some of these symptoms because most of the time a cyst is not cancerous. Nevertheless, you should still seek medical attention as soon as possible to make sure.
- Feeling pressure and/or pain in the lower abdominal area – This may come and go at times. This is the most common symptom reported and can manifest itself as a dull pain or can be sharp at times. Make sure to contact your doctor and make an appointment ASAP.
- Period changes – You may be experiencing an abnormal excessive blood flow during a given period along with severe cramping. This may indicate a number of problems but could mean you have a cyst.
- Difficulty going to the bathroom – You may be experiencing difficulty urinating or having a bowel movement. This can be part of ovarian cyst symptoms.
- Sexual intercourse – There are many reasons for experiencing pain during sexual intercourse and the presence of an ovarian cyst is one of them. Best to talk with your doctor to find out.
- Physical exercise – You may experience pain during physical exercise in your lower abdomen. This is another example of ovarian cyst symptoms.
- Lower back and inner side of the thighs – If you have pain radiating into the inner part of your thighs and lower back, this could be ovarian cyst symptoms.
- Sudden change in weight – particularly excessive weight gain.
- Sudden breast soreness – if you are suddenly experiencing tenderness in your breast area, this may be a symptom of an ovarian cyst.
Natural Remedies for Ovarian Cysts
Generally speaking, ovarian cysts are not life threatening however, for some women can be painful. There are natural remedies that can ease the pain and possibly get rid of the cyst. First off, diet is important for preventing cysts from forming to begin with. Make sure to stay away from excessive alcohol imbibing and estrogen-rich rich foots such as beef and dairy products. In terms of natural herbal remedies consider evening primrose oil, borage oil or blue cohosh. These have been reported to be very effective in treating ovarian cyst symptoms.